FIPS compliance

Tim Jandt Tim.Jandt at dedicatedcomputing.com
Wed Dec 3 14:50:07 EST 2008

The thread to which I'm referring can be found here:

http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/kerberos/2006-November/010870.html

Since your name and e-mail is at the top, and you signed the post, I felt the assumption that "You" posted this was most likely correct.

I appreciate your response, and in doing some further research did find a couple of independent labs that can verify compliance to the FIPS 140-2 standard, but have not found any that mention FIPS 197.

The two labs I found were:

http://www.corsec.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
and
http://www.rycombe.com/

Unfortunately, I feel no closer to determining how, exactly, I would prepare the product we are being asked to produce for compliance.  Guess it's on with the reading glasses and a snifter of fine single malt scotch for a trip through http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/fips/fips140-2/fips1402.pdf tonight...

Cheers,
Tim