Kerboros explain

beoweolf beoweolf at pacbell.net
Tue Aug 12 10:53:01 EDT 2008

Its a mater of "cost". Authentication of a server, service, any entity
requires system resources, it is expensive in time as well as cup cycles,
system memory, setup cost, etc.

a reasonable comparison is found in computational differences in sending
encryption. A lot of upfront effort is invested in protecting key
distribution, but once done the actual transmission of encrypted data can be
accomplished at greatly reduced "cost" based on preexisting session or
historical identity.

Renewing TGT/TGS is much faster than the initial setup.

news:mailman.44.1217865479.3905.kerberos at mit.edu...