Problem Contact KDC

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 24 12:11:22 EDT 2008

On Apr 24, 2008, at 10:08, <mohamed.chaari at orange-ftgroup.com> wrote:
> In the files krb5.conf, I wrote:

> [realms]
> EXAMPLE.COM = {
> kdc = kerberos.example.com:88
> admin_server = kerberos.example.com:749
> default_domain = example.com
> }
>
> I understood that when the client ask for a ticket, it extract the
> kdc address from krb5.conf (kerberos.example.com).

Okay, in that case, yes, if EXAMPLE.COM is the realm being used, it
would try to talk to kerberos.example.com.

Did you specify "default_realm = EXAMPLE.COM" in the libdefaults
section of the config file, or in a principal name on the command
line?  You didn't provide either in your report.

Is the KDC process, in fact, running, and does netstat show it
listening?

Ken