Master -> Slave replication

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 21 16:20:59 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 15:43, Derek Harkness wrote:
> Is kprop and kpropd really the only way to replicate a master and
> slave?  It just seems lame that in 2008 I still have to write a cron
> job to replicate a database every X seconds.  Is there no realtime or
> near realtime system for this?

A couple have been devised, yes.  Sun and UMich, at least, have
implemented incremental propagation schemes.  We're looking into the
possibility of integrating an implementation into a future release,
though I couldn't tell you at this point when it might be released.

Also, Novell has contributed an LDAP-based database back end for the
KDC, with which one can implement replication at the LDAP layer.
That's shipping in our current release.

Ken