Clock skew too great / System vs Hardware clock problem?

Michael B Allen ioplex at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 17:25:40 EDT 2008

I'm trying to diagnose a "Clock skew too great" error between a CentOS
5.1 client and Windows 2003 R2 ADS.

If we date 'date' on the Linux the time is within a few seconds of the
clock on the Windows server. The Linux machine's /etc/localtime is set
to PST8PDT. The AD server is set to Pacific time.

So now what?

Could it be that the hardware clock and system clock are not in sync?
>From experience it doesn't matter if the hardware clock is UTC or not.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Mike

--