kprop between master (solaris) and slave (mandriva)

Marcin N nichu at CUT.onet.pl
Fri Apr 11 11:20:05 EDT 2008

Douglas E. Engert wrote:

> And different versions of Kerberos too. It look like the solaris master
> is the vendor provided Solaris 10 Kerberos. The mandriva slave looks like
> some variant of MIT 1.4.2.
>
> They both may store configuration files in different locations.
> Solaris tends to use /etc/krb5. Check both sets on man pages.
>
> Both kprop and kpropd have -d options in both Solairs and MIT.

.
.
.

> Host names including the KDC, should be FQDN.

Thank You for reply...
I changed names in krb conf to FQDN.
I also checked paths in both OS and they were good /etc/krb5 in solaris
and /etc/kerberos/krb5kdc and /etc in mandriva

and still it doesn't work ...
When I execute kpropd -d there is an error:
kpropd: getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket

so only kropd -S works for me...