kinit not working!!!!

Padmavathi Dt padmavathi.dt at tcs.com
Tue Apr 8 04:01:36 EDT 2008

Hii List,

We have installed kerberos krb-1.3.4 from rpms available with RHEL4
I have done everything that was specified in the admin guide and one more
thing is the stash file .k5stash was not created even after specigying the
-s option while creating database usine kdb5_util command.
I dont know whether a stash file is mandatory or not but it hadnot  get
created
and I proceede with the next steps of the admin guide..

Now the problem is:
when I try to get a ticket for user padma(principal added ) I am getting
an error as:

[root at as3 libexec]# kinit padma/admin

kinit(v5): Resource temporarily unavailable while getting initial
credentials  (that too after a long time after i gave the command)

I was not able to figure out the reason for this.Googling didnt help me.
Does it mean that kerberos is not working properly?
Can anyone  help me please.....
Thanx in advance

Regards,
Padma