Problem in configuring Kerberosv5 (Tcl error)

Jeremy Hunt jeremyh at optimation.com.au
Mon Apr 7 20:55:23 EDT 2008

It looks like your /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh or your configure script is
corrupt.

"configure" is a script, which you can read. Looking through it you will
see it finds and runs /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh
which sets among other things:
TCL_PREFIX

... then it runs this bit of code:
if test -n "$tcl_ok_conf" ; then
  . $tcl_ok_conf
  TCL_INCLUDES=
  for incdir in "$TCL_PREFIX/include/tcl$v" "$TCL_PREFIX/include" ; do
    if test -r "$incdir/tcl.h" -o -r "$incdir/tcl/tcl.h" ; then
      if test "$incdir" != "/usr/include" ; then
        TCL_INCLUDES=-I$incdir
      fi
      break
    fi
  done

you are looking for tcl.h and tcl/tcl.h instead of
                             /usr/include/tcl.h and /usr/include/tcl/tcl.h

You can run util/reconf from your source directory to rebuild configure
(probably best to unpack your kerberos download first so you have a
fresh version of kerberos with no cache files in it)