Computer adapter question GeneCook2008 at
Sat Apr 5 12:51:23 EDT 2008

Hi folks,

I have a computer and the adapter from the regular power outlet in the
wall into the computer broke. You know what I mean: that thing that
you use to charge the battery and that thing (modem?) that provides
regular power to your computer

It doesn't say exactly what it is but on the back side it says REPLACE
WITH HP SPARE 402018-001.

I called HP and they told me that it costs me approx. USD 170, which
is an outrageous price for that little thing, if you ask me.

I was at Wallmart lately and saw that they have different kind of
adapters but I have no clue if other adapters fit in a HP notebook.

And here is my question:

Did any of you ever had to replace this particular HP spare part and
did you replace it with something else than from HP and how did it

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Best regards,


More information about the Kerberos mailing list