Problem in configuring Kerberosv5 (Tcl error)

Padmavathi Dt padmavathi.dt at tcs.com
Thu Apr 3 04:31:55 EDT 2008

Hii List,

I am trying to install krb5-1.6.3 on RHEL4.I have read the install guide
and following that.I have following tcl packages installed on our sytem:

tcl-8.4.7-2
tclx-doc-8.3.5-4
tcl-devel-8.4.7-2
tclx-8.3.5-4
tclx-devel-8.3.5-4
tcl-html-8.4.7-2

I am stuck in the very first step itself.
When I run:
[root at as3 src]# ./configure -- with-tcl=/usr --without-krb4
the last few lines of output are:

checking for pthread_once... (cached) no
checking for pthread_rwlock_init... (cached) no
configure: rechecking with PTHREAD_... options
checking for pthread_rwlock_init in -lc... (cached) yes
checking for library containing dlopen... (cached) -ldl
checking for keyutils.h... (cached) no
configure: disabling static libraries
configure: enabling shared libraries
checking for tclConfig.sh... /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh
checking Tcl info in /usr/lib/tclConfig.sh... 8.4 - working
checking for tcl.h... (cached) no
checking for tcl/tcl.h... (cached) no
configure: error: Could not find Tcl

It reported that configure couldnot find tcl..
The config.log regarding TCL says:

SS_LIB=''
SS_VERSION='k5'
STLIBEXT='.a'
STOBJEXT='.o'
SUPPORTLIB_MAJOR='0'
S_TOP='/home/access/LDAPSOFTWARES/krb5-1.6.3/src/.'
TCL_INCLUDES=''
TCL_LIBPATH='-L/usr/lib'
TCL_LIBS='-L/usr/lib -ltcl8.4 -ldl -lieee -lm -ldl'
TCL_MAYBE_RPATH=''
TCL_RPATH=':/usr/lib'
THREAD_SUPPORT='1'
YACC='byacc'
Then I tried configure as:

[root at as3 src]# ./configure --with-tcl=/usr --without-krb4
CPPFLAGS='-I/usr/include' LDFLAGS='-L/usr/lib'

Even then I got the same error and the config.log now says:
SS_LIB=''
SS_VERSION='k5'
STLIBEXT='.a'
STOBJEXT='.o'
SUPPORTLIB_MAJOR=''
S_TOP=''
TCL_INCLUDES=''
TCL_LIBPATH='-L/usr/lib'
TCL_LIBS='-L/usr/lib -ltcl8.4 -ldl -lieee -lm -ldl'
TCL_MAYBE_RPATH=''
TCL_RPATH=':/usr/lib'
THREAD_SUPPORT='1'
YACC=''

In both the cases,according to config.log,thehighlighted values are same
irrespective of the options given along with configure command

(our "tcl.h" is present in /usr/incude which I passed through CPPFLAGS)

Anyone please help me as soon as possible how to solve the above problem

Waiting for help...

Padmavathi
and any attachments. Thank you