cross realm and capaths question

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Sat Sep 29 09:30:26 EDT 2007

I have a setup with 4 DCs. 3 DC build a forest and the fourth hangs of one
of the sub domains.

                  TOP.COM
              /                         \
 DOM1.TOP.COM     DOM2.TOP.COM
     /
TEST.HOME

There is full trust betweem TOP.COM and DOM1.TOP.COM and DOM2.TOP.COM.
TEST.HOME as only full trust to DOM1.TOP.COM.

I try to connect from a user in DOM2.TOP.COM to a system in TEST.HOME with
the following krb5.conf on DOM2.TOP.COM systems.

[domain_realm]
 top.com = TOP.COM
 .top.com = TOP.COM
 dom1.top.com = DOM1.TOP.COM
 .dom1.top.com = DOM1.TOP.COM
 dom2.top.com = DOM2.TOP.COM
 .dom2.top.com = DOM2.TOP.COM
 test.home = TEST.HOME
 .test.home = TEST.HOME

[capaths]
 DOM2.TOP.COM = {
  TEST.HOME = DOM1.TOP.COM
  DOM1.TOP.COM = TOP.COM
  TOP.COM = .
 }
 DOM1.TOP.COM = {
  DOM2.TOP.COM = TOP.COM
  TOP.COM = .
 }
 TEST.HOME = {
  DOM2.TOP.COM = TOP.COM
  TOP.COM = DOM1.TOP.COM
  DOM1.TOP.COM = .
 }

A walk tree test gives me:

#t_walk_rtree DOM1.TOP.COM TEST.HOME
krbtgt/DOM1.TOP.COM at DOM1.TOP.COM
krbtgt/TEST.HOME at DOM1.TOP.COM

#t_walk_rtree DOM2.TOP.COM TEST.HOME
krbtgt/DOM2.TOP.COM at DOM2.TOP.COM
krbtgt/DOM1.TOP.COM at DOM2.TOP.COM
krbtgt/DOM1.TOP.COM at DOM1.TOP.COM
krbtgt/TEST.HOME at DOM1.TOP.COM

But when I do a ldapsearch -H ldap://dc.test.home .... I get

   additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Miscellaneous
failure (KDC reply did not match expectations)

An ethereal shows a TGS-REQ of krbtgt/TEST.HOME going to the DOM2.TOP.COM
instead to DOM1.TOP.COM.

What is wrong inmy configuration ?

Thank you
Markus