Kerberos OpenLDAP Frontend

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Sep 25 15:05:07 EDT 2007

Jonathan Javier Cordoba Gonzalez wrote:
> Ok Douglas....
>
> It means that we need to have two databases??

I think they could be the same, or at least on the same servers,
but then you are mixing the authentication with the authorization.
But your authentication realm maybe enterprise wide, where as you
authorization domain may be departmental. i.e. home directories,
user names, uids, may be local.

Also keep in mind that only the KDC needs access to its data
where as the authorization data can be read by almost any host.

A KDC with passwords and LDAP