Kerberos OpenLDAP Frontend

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Sep 25 09:56:03 EDT 2007

Jonathan Javier Cordoba Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’m confuse about the openldap frontend…
>

> Anybody have a guide, tutorial or a step-by-step procedure in order to make
> the connection, create the initial LDAP DB and how it works??
>

> I don’t understand the sequence when a user wants authenticate…

You may be confusing the LDAP used by the KDC to store it data,
and an LDAP used by something like nss-ldap that stores what
would have been found on /etc/passwd or NIS.
So kinit and pam_krb5 can do the authentication as they always have,
to the KDC, then when kinit or pam_krb5  calls getpwnam this calls
the  nss-ldap routines via /etc/nsswitch.conf.