MIT Incremental Propagation

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Fri Sep 21 16:08:26 EDT 2007

> John Harris wrote:
> > Does MIT's current implementation of the Kerberos KDC include
> > incremental propagation?  I know it didn't a long time ago, then there
> > were CITI patches for it, then those didn't work for awhile.  I don't
> > seem to be able to pinpoint an answer to it.

Jeffrey Altman replied:
> There is no incremental propagation distributed with MIT Kerberos.

I haven't studied it all that extensively,
so correct me if I am wrong, but with the
new "DAL" stuff there is now an opportunity
to do a 'proper' job of multi-master KDCs
(dare I say it) in a "ubik-like" or "AD-like"
manner.

Is there anybody out there already looking at this?

John