Miscellaneous failure:Matching credential not found

eswars eswars at huawei.com
Wed Sep 19 03:31:45 EDT 2007

> Hi,
>

>> In my application I am trying to get default windows login credentials
from
> >"MSLSA: "cache and storing into Kerberos default cache (for example:
> >FILE:C:\krb5cc).using this cache file I am trying to generate service
ticket
> >for particular user which can be used to mutually authenticate against
> >another user (Server user).
>
> >This scenario is working in all the English OS. If I try to import from
> >"MSLSA:" to FILE:C:\krb5cc in Chinese OS I am able to import into file
> >successfully. When I try to generate service ticket using
> > gss_init_sec_context () it is failed with following error.

What is the principal name you are attempting to match?

 I am trying to use server username (ex: test at MYDOMAIN.COM) to generate
service ticket through which i can mutually authenticate with Server.

This is working fine in all English Windows OS.Here what I am doing is
ms2mit code I am using to get default windows logon user ticket to be cache
to MIT file cache. When ever gss_init_sec_context() try to use that default
cache to generate service ticket i got error "miscellaneous failure:
Matching credential not found".

Even in the leash not able to show the Username properly. It shows something
in Chinese (some garbage).

I feel there is problem in writing ticket to cache file. If I do kinit with
password and try for service ticket with gss_init_sec_context () it is fine
even in Chinese OS.

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is