Active Directory LDAP SSH

Roman.Schoenbichler@gmail.com Roman.Schoenbichler at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 08:44:47 EDT 2007

Hey Richard!

You've been right. There was some "misconfiguration", which we entered
because of an old samba version, which forced us to do so ( version
3.23 ). We've upgraded it now, and it works with the hostentries in
the correct order.

So now there is only one problem left:

We've got three hosts:
kaa, baloo, centos

it is possible to do remote login form either kaa or baloo to all
three machines. According to the mashinename, the tickets I get look
like:
host/hostname at REALM.

So far so good.

The problem is, that we are not able to log on kaa or baloo from the
centos host, and I think that is because the ticktes we get on the
centos machine look like:

host/fqdn at REALM
except for the own host:
host/centos at REALM

I don't know where this comes from, because it seems we have
configured them the same way. OS is also the same.
We have created new keytabs and rejoined the centos host in the
Domain, but this didn't solve the problem.

Just now, we also found out, that on the centos host, hostnames
appeare to be displayed by the fqdn in general, also if we do a ping.

Maybe you can help me out one more time ;)

Greets
Roman