kadmin-remctl 1.9 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 12 00:01:00 EDT 2007

I'm pleased to announce release 1.9 of kadmin-remctl.

kadmin-remctl provides a remctl backend that implements basic Kerberos
account administration functions (create, delete, enable, disable, reset
password, examine) plus user password changes and a call to strength-check
a given password.  It can also provide similar management of instances and
creation, deletion, and management of accounts in Active Directory and an
AFS kaserver where appropriate.  Also included is a client for privileged
users to use for password resets.  Many of the defaults and namespace
checks are Stanford-specific, but it can be modified for other sites.

Changes from previous release:

    Add support for optionally adding principals with instances created in
    Active Directory to an Active Directory authorization group at the
    time of creation.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/kadmin-remctl/>

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.