updated patch: MITKRB5-SA-2007-006: kadmind RPC lib buffer overflow, uninitialized pointer

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 6 12:09:59 EDT 2007

John> It would be helpful if you would also say which files
John> need to be re-installed after applying the patch and
John> making.   Perhaps it was a local quirk, but I found
John> that some things were rebuilt that I did not expect
John> from your description (krb5kdc and krb524d for example).

The Makefiles currently cause every executable which depends on
libkadm5srv to be rebuilt if libkadm5srv gets rebuilt.  This dates
back to when static libraries could be built, but might also be needed
in certain cases for shared libraries.  The KDC needs libkadm5srv
because that's where some of the code for reading realm configuration
information is located.

---Tom