Kerberos auth and the loss of the network

Jason Greene jason at the-greenes.net
Wed Sep 5 16:34:24 EDT 2007

I am very new to kerberos so please forgive me...

One of my co-workers is telling me that if you implement kerberos in our
Linux  infrastructure we will be in a serious bind of the network connection
between work servers and the kerberos server or if the kerberos server dies
we will be locked out of the linux  work servers either until we reboot into
single user or rebuild or get the kerberos server back online.

Is this true?  Will I not be able to log into the box with a local account?

--
Jason Greene