Comments in k5login file?

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 5 03:04:58 EDT 2007

On Aug 28, 2007, at 20:56, Booker C. Bense wrote:
> This cam up in a recent discussion. I can dig in the code, but I
> can't dig in all the code. So is there a safe way to put comments in
> a .k5login file?

There isn't a comment syntax, per se, in the MIT code, but the lines
of the file are just taken as plain strings to compare against a
formatted principal name.  So if, for example, you don't have any
principals in your database starting with "#" ... :)

You could also pick a syntax that's never going to be generated for a
valid principal name even if other realm gives its principals weird
names.  For example, starting lines with "@@", since "@" in a
principal name component or in the realm name would be formatted as
"\@", so there should only ever be one unquoted "@" in the string
being looked for in the file.

Ken