Some Times Mutual authentication is failed.

Eswar S eswars at huawei.com
Mon Oct 22 04:16:40 EDT 2007

Hi ,

I am using Java GSSAPI as server and MIT Kerberos as client. In my
authentication testing I faced following problem some times like
"gss_init_sec_context() failed: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may
provide more information Mutual authentication failed".

Can I know what might be the problem?

It is not continues failure, it is very rare.

 I am using 1.6.2.13 kerberos release libraries.

lib/krb5/krb/rd_rep.c

(*repl)->ctime: 1193039608
				(*repl)->cusec :  -15999

auth_context->authentp->ctime: 1193039609
			--auth_context->authentp->cusec: -15999

Regards,
Eswar S

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!