Kerberos OpenLDAP Frontend

Booker Bense bbense at telemark.slac.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 4 14:02:42 EDT 2007

In article <mailman.121.1190741359.2905.kerberos at mit.edu>,
Jonathan Javier Cordoba Gonzalez  <jcordoba at uniandes.edu.co> wrote:
>Thanks to all of you.... I actually got that it works...
>
>According to Russ the LDAP Back End doesn't improve the performance... there
>are some performance tests??

I find hard to imagine anything going much faster than a KDC,
it's a single key lookup into a single database that isn't all
that big. Performance of the KDC has never been an issue in Kerberos.

The only reason to put in a LDAP back end is to simplify the
account management and get the LDAP replication stuff. There are
many good reasons not to put it in an LDAP back end.

_ Booker C. Bense