Kerberos failed to create a principal

Ido Levy IDOL at il.ibm.com
Wed Nov 21 15:47:04 EST 2007

Hello,

We are running kerberos server that use LDAP as his DB.
Until today everything works  fine but suddenly user creation failed as you
can see in the following example:

      kadmin.local:  addprinc -randkey user40
      NOTICE: no policy specified for user40 at REALM
      assigning "default". Note that policy may be overridden by
      ACL restrictions.
      Unable to randomize key for "user40 at REALM"
      Status 0x29c250c - Principal does not exist.

      kadmin.local:  getprinc user40
      Unable to retrieve principal "user40 at REALM"
            Status 0x29c250c - Principal does not exist.

The error message we get in kadmin.log file is:

      local6:err|error kadmin.local[782428]: LDAP:
/blddir/krb514/src/plugins/ldap/ira_entry.c(193), 32: LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT

If you did encounter similar problem any advice/direction in how to
isolate/find/understand where is the problem would be appreciated.

Thank You !!

Ido Levy