MIT Kerberos LDAP backend

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 8 05:48:38 EST 2007

On Nov 6, 2007, at 09:40, John Gilbertson wrote:
> Thanks for the link, but I'm not sure if that will do what we need.
> We're not looking to replace NIS or the like, just add Kerberos as an
> authentication route for various programs with Kerberos support.

Does this mean you're using LDAP for authentication, and looking for
a way Kerberos programs can use the LDAP setup you've already got?
That's not how the LDAP backend works; it's for doing authentication
the Kerberos way, except the database is stored in LDAP.  The data we
store is entirely different from what LDAP authentication uses; you
can't just layer one on top of the other.

Ken