Now with PAM? Solaris 10 sshd and ticket forwarding

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Nov 5 14:19:07 EST 2007

The problem may be in the pam.conf. With sshd-gssapi,
only the PAM session and account routines are called, and
you don't use the pam_krb5. The sshd stores the credentials
for you,not PAM.

We use this in /etc/pam.conf, (but all uncommented.)
Try with just the 3 uncommented lines.

sshd-gssapi   account requisite  pam_roles.so.1
sshd-gssapi   account required   pam_unix_account.so.1
#sshd-gssapi   account required   /krb5/lib/pam_krb5_ccache.so.1  ccache=/tmp/krb5cc_%u_%p

sshd-gssapi   session required  pam_unix_session.so.1
#sshd-gssapi   session required  /krb5/lib/pam_afs2.so.1
#sshd-gssapi   session required  /krb5/lib/pam_krb5_ccache.so.1  clean

The pam_afs2 is the local equivelent of pam_afs_session which should
also work.

The pam_krb5_ccache sets the KRB5CCNAME to force a clean cache, to avoid
some bugs which Sun may have fixed, then cleans up the cache when the
session ends.