Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195

Jindan Zhou jindan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 00:46:43 EST 2007

On Nov 5, 4:44 am, Russ Allbery <r... at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Jindan Zhou <jin... at gmail.com> writes:
> > I then did kinit
> >>kinit
> >>kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials
> > What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem?
>
> Usually it means you either don't have an /etc/krb5.conf file or it's
> incorrect or doesn't include your realm information.  It can mean various
> other things too (DNS problems, for instance), but krb5.conf is the first
> place to look.
>
> --
> Russ Allbery (r... at stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

The file /etc/krb5.conf is an example, and I have no idea how to
modify it. I copied such file from another host running Redhat (same
university), and I can tell that contains some server addresses of the
university,

This did not work out for me. Then I noticed a line in krb5.conf says
kdc.conf, which I don't have in position, again, I copied that file
from the working host to the position, still, no avail.

Maybe I need some sort of initialization of the cache?

Thanks,

Jindan