Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195

Jindan Zhou jindan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 14:34:52 EST 2007

Hello group!

I am new to this group and topic. I have been using pine as my primary
email client for long, and never noticed the role of kerberos in the
play.
Until recently, on a newly installed Redhat EL5 server, when I open
pine configured to connect to our Exchange 2007 server, I got:
Kerberos error: Unknown code krb5 195 (try running kinit) for
some.emailserver.edu
I then did kinit

>kinit
>kinit(v5): Cannot resolve network address for KDC in requested realm while getting initial credentials

What does this tell me and how do I shoot this problem?

Thanks,

Jindan