question on gss_acquire_cred

Priya Govindarajan govindap at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 2 15:17:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to understand how gss_acquire_cred works.

When trying gss_server and gss_client - sample programs  :  When
gss_server run as user root the gss_acquire_cred function executes without
any errors.  (The service principal key is added to the keytab file)

When I execute gss_server as another other user I get the following error
"server_acquire_creds: sample
server_acquire_creds: calling gss_acquire_credGSS-API error acquiring
credentials: Miscellaneous failure
GSS-API error acquiring credentials: Permission denied"

My understanding is gss_acquire_cred tries to get the default credential
from credential cache.  How does gss_server as user root is able to
execute gss_acquire_cred function without any cred in credential cache.
What is problem when executing gss_server as anyother user ?

Thanks,
Priya