MIT Kerberos LDAP backend

John Gilbertson jgilbert at liv.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 08:03:50 EDT 2007

Hi, we're looking into trying to integrate Kerberos with our existing
user authentication/authorization systems, after seeing that there was
an LDAP integration option, since all of our user data is available via
LDAP.

However on further reading I'm not 100% clear on how the integration
works. Is it possible to just use the LDAP integration for user
authentication without having to give Kerberos write access to LDAP?

If write access is required, what information is stored in LDAP, and
where? As extra data in a user's nod,e or in a separate subtree?

--
John Gilbertson
The University of Liverpool