transferring a Windows ticket to Solaris for smbclient to use.

keith.michaels@gmail.com keith.michaels at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 13:57:20 EDT 2007

I authenticate to a Windows 2003 KDC  from Solaris 10 with kinit and
then use smbclient -k ....  But I want to eliminate the need to do
kinit by automatically transferring the existing ticket from Windows
before invoking smbclient. This is needed to automate some file
transfers.  I cannot find this scenario documented.  Will this work?
Where is the ticket located on Windows and what are the mechanisms for
transferring it to Solaris?
-Keith