Joining a multiple realm AD environment

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Thu May 17 15:18:54 EDT 2007

Chris,

the configuration looks ok, assuming all SRV records are available. How did
you login to the system via a kerberised client - server application (ssh,
telnet, ftp) or using the console ?
It will not work through the console if you don't update pam.conf too. You
need entries like (assuming that users are uniq over both domains and you
have more users in LOC1.DOM.COM)
other auth sufficient  pam_krb5 REALM=LOC1.DOM.COM
other auth sufficient  pam_krb5 REALM=LOC2.DOM.COM

Regards
Markus

news:111aefd0705110719q41b619eew55d5377246f08a3b at mail.gmail.com...