MIT kerberos_ftp 2.1GB limitation

Paramasivam, Meenakshisundaram mparamas at iupui.edu
Tue May 15 16:25:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have RHEL4 (2.6.9-22.ELsmp) on 32-bit intel xeon HP DL380/G4 machine.
I have ext3 file system for /data and I can store very large files (say 50+ GB).

But I can not send files greater than 2.1GB /usr/local/bin/ftp (using compiled ftp that came with MIT kerberos distribution), but I can send large files using native ftp (/usr/bin/ftp) on the same machine.

MIT kerberos 1.6.1 was compiled on the same machine with no-tcl and without-krb4 options.

What is the solution to ftp larger files using kerberos FTP so that I can authenticate to resources on our network.

Sundar Paramasivam
INCEBI
Department of Radiology
950 W Walnut St