Reading kerberos-adm from DNS: when will MIT-krb support this?

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Mon Mar 12 11:29:51 EDT 2007

Vipin Rathor wrote:
> hi Marcus,
>
> I was just curious to know some more info about SRV records:
>
> 1. How  can you specify that you want to make use of SRV functionalily, in
> MIT kerberos?
DNS SRV record support is on by default.  Any realm for which there is
no local configuration information will attempt to query DNS unless DNS
SRV support is disabled in the local configuration file.

> 2. How do you get to know that which services are configured to use DNS SRV
> functionality?

By querying your DNS server.
> 3. Where from I can get this kind of output regarding DNS SRV  entries?
Using "dig" (as shown in the message you responded to) or "nslookup"

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.