Extract Information from Ticket.

Bruce Stewart BruceS at nsfas.org.za
Mon Mar 5 03:18:15 EST 2007

Hi Michael,

> Actually only with jcifs-ext and that package is horribly out
> of date.

Agreed that it is horribly out of date ;-).  I mentioned "jcifs and jcifs-ext" because jcifs-ext depends on jcifs, and jcifs therefore needs to be included.

> The
> stock jcifs distribution only supports NTLM SSO (but that
> actually works
> quite well assuming you don't need delegation).

FWIW...the spnego classes accept NTLM aswell as Kerberos tokens - which was  a problem for us - we only wanted Kerberos tokens (because we wanted delegation).  I created our own bare bones version of the jcifs.spnego.Authentication class - removed the jcifs dependencies (i.e. NTLM code), "client" code and reflection based GSS-API code.  Instead of returning a Principal with authentication.getPrincipal(), we return a javax.security.auth.Subject (which contains the KerberosPrincipal and KerberosTicket) with getSubject().  That allows us to use Subject.doAs(subject, ...) etc.

Using the jcifs-ext code as a guide it was pretty easy for us to create exactly what we needed.

Cheers,
Bruce