remctl 2.9 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 29 21:11:42 EDT 2007

I'm pleased to announce release 2.9 of remctl.  I found an annoying bug in
remctl 2.8 in internal testing and decided I may as well clean up a few
other issues and put out another quick release.

remctl is a client/server application that supports remote execution of
specific commands, using Kerberos v5 GSS-API for authentication.
Authorization is controlled by a configuration file and ACL files and can
be set separately for each command, unlike with rsh.  remctl is like a
Kerberos-authenticated simple CGI server, or a combination of Kerberos rsh
and sudo without most of the features and complexity of either.

Changes from previous release:

    Fix remctl client library crashes due to an uninitialized variable
    when the network connection fails.

    Added complete C API documentation (as section 3 manual pages) for the
    libremctl library.

    Fix several inaccuracies in the Net::Remctl API documentation.
    Thanks, Alf Wachsmann.

    Pass DESTDIR to the Perl module installation as well.  Thanks, Darren
    Patterson.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/remctl/>

Debian packages have been uploaded to Debian unstable, but are still
awaiting NEW processing and therefore may not be available for a couple of
weeks.

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.