Linux Login Failure

jiang licht licht_jiang at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 14:10:12 EDT 2007

Found the problem. "kerberos client" was enabled in
YaST in OpenSuse. Maybe there is some conflict w/ the
Krb5 version downloaded and installed and there is
some configuration problem as well. Though I've not
figured out detail, clearly, with "kerberos client"
enabled, /bin/login uses pam_krb5 for authentication
and it confused to find wrong keys or something.
Anyway, there is no logon problem anymore after I
disabled "kerberos client" from YaST console.

Hope some guru (OpenSuse?) can post some explanation
for what authentication really works when "kerberos
client" is enabled in YaST console.

Thanks for your attention.