Kerberos with FileZilla

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Sun Jun 17 16:27:26 EDT 2007

Diego Pignedoli wrote:
> Thanks so much, I doubted i had to do a principal for ftp too :)
>
> Now I have the problem i dunno how to do principals!!! I can't find it
> on the manual of NIM, any suggestion pls? Which is the command i have
> to run to do principals?
>
> Thanks so much.
> Diego

NIM is a credential manager for clients.  It is not an administrative
tool for creating and managing Kerberos principals.  Those tools are
used by the Kerberos realm administrator and come with the product that
is being used as the Key Distribution Center.  Examples of KDCs are MIT
or Heimdal Kerberos, Microsoft's Active Directory, Novell's Directory
Services for Windows, and Apple's Open Directory.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.