pam-krb5 3.5 released

Rainer.Heilke@atcoitek.com Rainer.Heilke at atcoitek.com
Tue Jun 12 16:44:12 EDT 2007

A lurker uncloaking...

> The 6 months are almost up, start looking for the Solaris 10
> release...

The news we are getting is that Update 4 should be coming out in early
August. From what I've been seeing and hearing, it was pushed back twice
(June to July, then August).

> > BTW Isn't OpenSolaris = Solaris 11 ? At least configure said:
> > checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
> > checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11

Well, yes and no. A lot of the work in OpenSolaris is getting rolled
into the Sol10 Update releases. A few other comments I've heard make it
seem like calling it "Solaris 11" was merely a useful fiction to
separate it from the fully-supported, commercial releases. When Solaris
10 ends, what marketing calls the new version is anybody's guess
(Solaris 11 being a good bet). Between this, and the name "Nevada", etc.
there's a lot of confusion, and if someone has a straight-forward,
official clarification of all the names, I've missed it or forgotten it.

IHTH

Rainer

The information transmitted is intended only for the addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy this message and any copies.