pam-krb5 3.5 released

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Jun 12 14:31:51 EDT 2007

Russ,

FYI

I tried to use your module on OpenSolaris and Solaris10 (with the standard
hack of using OpenSolaris header files). It works fine on OpenSolaris but it
fails on Solaris 10 as krb5_change_password does not seem to be an exported
symbol of mech_krb5.so and I guess there is no easy fix.

ldd -r pam_krb5.so
warning: ldd: pam_krb5.so: is not executable
        libpam.so.1 =>   /lib/libpam.so.1
        libkadm5clnt.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/krb5/libkadm5clnt.so.1
        mech_krb5.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/gss/mech_krb5.so.1
        libsocket.so.1 =>        /lib/libsocket.so.1
        libnsl.so.1 =>   /lib/libnsl.so.1
        libcmd.so.1 =>   /lib/libcmd.so.1
        libc.so.1 =>     /lib/libc.so.1
        libgss.so.1 =>   /usr/lib/libgss.so.1
        libresolv.so.2 =>        /lib/libresolv.so.2
        libpkcs11.so.1 =>        /usr/lib/libpkcs11.so.1
        libmp.so.2 =>    /lib/libmp.so.2
        libmd5.so.1 =>   /lib/libmd5.so.1
        libscf.so.1 =>   /lib/libscf.so.1
        libcryptoutil.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libcryptoutil.so.1
        libdoor.so.1 =>  /lib/libdoor.so.1
        libuutil.so.1 =>         /lib/libuutil.so.1
        /platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200/lib/libc_psr.so.1
        symbol not found: krb5_change_password          (./pam_krb5.so)
        libm.so.2 =>     /lib/libm.so.2

Regards
Markus

BTW Why does Sun put so much energy into having Kerberos integrated into the
kernel but make only 20% of it available via gssapi ? Everyone who uses a
bit more Kerberos will install ontop of the Sun version a standard MIT
version.

news:87bqhvhjk0.fsf at windlord.stanford.edu...