Client RPC timeout too short

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 31 19:25:31 EDT 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 18:41, Sam Hartman wrote:
> It seems kind of unfortunate that the getprincs RPC is designed in
> such a way that you need this mod.

The approach Cygnus came up with (though I think it was more about
producing a responsive GUI than avoiding actual timeouts -- but I
didn't work on that piece myself) was to extend the admin protocol so
you could fetch a small number of principals at a time, repeating to
fetch the entire set.  Perhaps we should adopt some variant of this.

Ken