SSO Fails on XP SP2

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Mon Jul 30 14:52:11 EDT 2007

You might need this:

"This new feature has been seen in Windows 2003 Server, Windows 2000 Server
SP4, and Windows XP SP2.  We assume that it will be implemented in all
future Microsoft operating systems supporting the Kerberos SSPI.  Microsoft
does work closely with MIT and has provided a registry key to disable this
new feature.

  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos\Parameters
AllowTGTSessionKey = 0x01 (DWORD)On Windows XP SP2 the key is specified as

  HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Kerberos    AllowTGTSessionKey =
0x01 (DWORD)"as described here
http://web.mit.edu/kerberos/kfw-2.6/kfw-2.6.5/relnotes.html#mslsa

Regards
Markus