Cross Realm: Problem with Default Realm

Miguel Sanders miguelsanders at telenet.be
Thu Jul 26 16:13:02 EDT 2007

Dear all

I managed to do cross realm authentication between AD realm A and MIT
realm B.
However this only works if, hosts in realm B, have "default_realm =A"
in their krb5.conf. I have some problems with this since there are
quit a lot of other principals in realm B...

Perhaps a setting in krb5.conf that can solve this issue:

Snippet:
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = A
        default_keytab_name = FILE:/etc/krb5/host.keytab
        default_tkt_enctypes = des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac aes256-cts
des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
        default_tgs_enctypes = des3-cbc-sha1 arcfour-hmac aes256-cts
des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc
        forwardable = true
        dns_lookup_realm = no
        dns_lookup_kdc = no