Implementing OTP mechanism with existing kerberos

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Wed Jul 25 18:35:08 EDT 2007

Gopal,

Sorry if I mislead you in any way. I don't think I mentioned MIT
Kerberos in my email. The product I used is called TrustBroker and is
commercially available from CyberSafe, and is not based on MIT or
Heimdal, and is not open source. I just wanted to show you so you can
see that what you are trying to do can be done ... I also thought you
might be interested in a commercially supported solution to meet your
two-factor authentication needs. If you plan to continue developing your
own solution with MIT then I wish you the best of luck, but if you are
interested in our products please let me know.

Take care,
Tim

________________________________

From: Gopal Paliwal [mailto:gopalpaliwal at gmail.com]
Sent: 25 July 2007 22:44
To: Tim Alsop; kerberos at mit.edu
Subject: Re: Implementing OTP mechanism with existing kerberos

hi Tim,
 It's really nice.
i could see that you are able to use hardware tokens with MIT kerberos.
If u are comfortable, could you explain me the way you have done it.
it will be great.

-gopal

On 7/25/07, Tim Alsop <Tim.Alsop at cybersafe.com> wrote:

	Gopal,

	It is not easy to do. If you are interested, we already have a
solution
	- see example below :

	# kinit talsop
	Password for talsop at SHREK:
	Enter Passcode (PIN+Tokencode) or Tokencode from your SecurID
Token:
	# klist -ef
	         Cache Type: Kerberos V5 Credentials Cache
	         Cache File: /krb5/tmp/cc/krb5cc_0
	      Cache Version: 0502
	  Default Principal: talsop at SHREK

	Valid From                    Expires
Service
	Principal
	----------------------------  ----------------------------
	-----------------
	Wed 25 Jul 2007 22:24:51 BST  Thu 26 Jul 2007 06:24:41 BST
	krbtgt/SHREK at SHREK
	  Session Key EType:  5 (DES3-CBC-MD5)
	       Ticket EType:  5 (DES3-CBC-MD5)
	       Ticket Flags: IHA
	#

	Note the H flag in ticket flags - this indicates that hardware
token was
	used to obtain the TGT.

	Thanks,
	Tim