kfw 3.2 provider fails to load?

John W. Sopko Jr. sopko at cs.unc.edu
Fri Jul 20 11:16:15 EDT 2007

I loaded kfw 3.2 on a test system and it worked fine, Windows XP with
latest patches. I loaded on my system and it fails. The gui
comes up and will not show any credentials. I click to obtain
and get:

--
"There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity
provider is the component of Network Identity Manager that verifies

This is quite possibly caused by the identity provider
module failing to load properly"
--

I poked around and can not find a reason to cause this.
I do not have any other krb5*.dll's other then the ones

I re-installed/rebooted twice. I was running the kerbtray.exe
that comes with the Windows Resource Kit. I stopped this
from running and rebooted, same thing. Any clues to
get this fixed? Thanks.

--
John W. Sopko Jr.               University of North Carolina
email: sopko AT cs.unc.edu      Computer Science Dept., CB 3175