Passwordless access to kadmin?

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.virginia.edu
Tue Jul 17 13:38:09 EDT 2007

Great!  After creating a "webapp/admin" principal and adding
its key to /etc/web.keytab, everything works.  Thanks to
everyone for helping me get this working.

					Bryan

Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
> "Bryan K. Wright" <bryan at ayesha.phys.virginia.edu> writes:

>> 	But as a side-effect of this, I can then no longer
>> get into kadmin by typing "kadmin -p root/admin" and supplying
>> a password.  If I try, kadmin tells me the password is bad.

> Yes, when you create a keytab for a principal, it randomizes the
> password.

>> 	What do I need to do to make both of these work?

> Don't use the same account for interactive use and for scripted use.
> Instead, create a new principal for scripted use and add it to kadm5.acl.

> --
> Russ Allbery (rra at stanford.edu)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu