Passwordless access to kadmin?

Bryan K. Wright bryan at ayesha.phys.virginia.edu
Tue Jul 17 09:52:44 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

	I'm new to kerberos, and I'm trying to figure out how
to invoke kadmin from a web-based script, without prompting for
the root/admin password.  (FWIW, this is part of an account-
migration scheme.  Users will authenticate with their NIS
credentials, then the script will create a kerberos principal
for them.)

	I realize that I could just use "kadmin -w" and stick
the password in plaintext into the script, but I'd rather not
have to do that.  Is there a more secure way to do this?

					Thanks in advance,
					Bryan

Bryan Wright              |"If you take cranberries and stew them like
Physics Department        | applesauce, they taste much more like prunes
University of Virginia    | than rhubarb does."  --  Groucho
Charlottesville, VA  22901|
(434) 924-7218            |         bryan at virginia.edu