Compiling 1.5.3 or 1.6.1 on Solaris 5.9

Booker C. Bense bbense at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 5 19:23:15 EDT 2007

> On Jul 5, 2007, at 3:57 PM, Tom Yu wrote:

>> The configure script should detect GCC and change the shared library
>> build command accordingly, and in my experience it works.  The
>> "-shared -h libkrb5support.so.0" looks like the configure script
>> thought it was compiling with Sun's C compiler.

I did a clean slate and configured 1.6.1 with

./configure --prefix=/afs/slac.stanford.edu/package/krb5/1.6.1/sun4x_59

and got the same error. I then poked around in config/shlib.conf and
as near as I can tell it will never do the right thing with solaris
and gcc.

*-*-solaris*)
         if test "$krb5_cv_prog_gcc" = yes; then
                 PICFLAGS=-fPIC
                 LDCOMBINE='$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -shared -h $(LIBPREFIX)$
(LIBBASE)$(SHLIBSEXT)'
         else

Changing the -h to -Wl,-h,$(LIBPREFIX)$(LIBBASE)$(SHLIBSEXT), seems
to have fixed the problem.

_ Booker C. Bense