One Time Identification, a request for comments/testing.

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Wed Jan 31 16:38:38 EST 2007

On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 08:21:49AM +1100, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > What do you mean by "cross-platform"?
>
> Works with windows desktops too :-)

But I think this means that you want the format of the softtoken to be
open and implementable by multiple implementors.

> Love also has a PKCS#11 softtoken.  The details that I think might need
> work are integration so that the logon systems on various platforms
> 'know' that the token is there, and the softtoken driver should be used.

Certainly those details should be worked out.  But if my softtoken
should work when plugged into a Solaris sytem, a Linux system or a
Windows system then the format must be agreed by all, or else users will
have to resort to installing one cross-platform implementation on all
those systems.

Nico