KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 30 21:54:24 EST 2007

>>>>> "Grant," == Grant, Martin <Martin.Grant at fmr.com> writes:

    Grant,> I have seen several emails from different people over the
    Grant,> last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to
    Grant,> compile on AIX 5.x.  And no responses that fix the
    Grant,> problem.  I have had the same problem and can only presume
    Grant,> that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX.  Is this the
    Grant,> case?  No Kerberos on AIX?  It just won't compile anymore
    Grant,> with the changes to shared libraries.

We no longer run AIX tests.  Our donated AIX box was very old and
slow, and its disk was in the process of dieing.

If there's no one out there in the Kerberos development community who
cares enough about AIX to get the betas, test them and send bug fixes,
then yes, AIX support is going to be fairly bad.

Kerberos is an open-source product; if you want it to work better on
your platform, you can do the work to make that happen or you can pay
someone to do that work for you.

Sam Hartman
Manager, MIT Kerberos Team