No Kerberos environment found

Gayal gayal.rupasinghe at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:41:04 EST 2007

Greetings,

I installed MIT krb5-kdc, krb5-admin-server, krb5-user using apt-get install
on my Debian Etch box.

I need to provide SSO for my WinXP clients to access the corporate Web
server which is hosted on Apache2 on the same Debian box using the AD
credentials.

I was referring to
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Kerberos-Infrastructure-HOWTO.html as a guide.

My Krb5.conf is as follows:

default_realm = GNUD.IE

[realms]
 GNUD.IE = {
  kdc = kerberos1.gnud.ie:88
  kdc = kerberos2.gnud.ie:88
  admin_server = kerberos1.gnud.ie:749
  default_domain = gnud.ie
 }

[domain_realm]
 .gnud.ie = GNUD.IE
 gnud.ie = GNUD.IE

I was able to initialise and create the kerberos database using;
bash# /usr/Kerberos/sbin/kdb5_util create -s

Then edited the kadm5.acl file to grant administrative access. It was a
success.

Created Princiapls.

Installed and sync time with the server.

Manual say installation of kerberos and KDC is now over and you are ready to
go :)

I tried to install mod_auth_kerb, (Which is a Apache module interact with
Kerberos server) with the following command;
$./configure --with-krb5=/software/krb5-1.3.1
It say Configure: error: No Kerberos environment found.

What would be the cause for this error?

--
Gayal Rupasinghe
SU-APIIT